Friday, October 17, 2014

Sea life and more work of the spring

For the past several years I've been finding images of the sea very compelling. Moving from purely abstract work, I began to include images of whales, fish, shells and sea plants. There was still loads of room for abstraction and I am finding the mixture mysterious, unpredictable and loads of fun. Continuing to work with Gelli plates I also added various drawing media to these collages. This was done with Gelli plate prints, collage and various drawing media. As with each of my different projects of this year I look forward to taking these further. This is what happened so far.


"The Dive"
collage and mixed media

"Sea Frolic"
collage

"The Golden Seas"
collage

"Fabric of the Sea"
mono print with dimensional paint




2 comments:

  1. I love the white space you leave in these and previous post. Must try that. THey have a beautiful, airy floaty feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane! The white space always calls me. Funny thing, sometimes I want to go for no white space. haha.

    ReplyDelete