Monday, July 23, 2012

July's collage workshop

I spent an exciting and invigorating afternoon at a collage workshop given earlier this month by Dean Nimmer. He was a favorite teacher many moons ago at Mass Art in Boston and is now giving workshops modeled after his book, "Art from Intuition". These three pieces were among a bunch done very quickly that afternoon, the theme being; do it quickly so the mind doesn't have time to get involved and have fun too!

It was very liberating to work that way as I kept gluing down various papers-giving little thought as to whether the choice was "good or okay".  Another part of the process included removing already glued down parts of the collage-four parts to be exact-even if they seemed just perfect! This really kept things moving along out of the realm of preciousness-hahaha. And big surprise, I loved the results!

So I spent my time slapping down and ripping off with a huge smile on my face!

My next post will be about what's been coming afterwards!

Dean's info is here:
http://deannimmer.com/
http://artfromintuition.com/
                           








No comments:

Post a Comment