Sunday, July 22, 2012

New work!

It's time for posting. These pieces come from the past year with the newest at the top. It's been an incubation period, learning loads about the expression of images that flow through me.

One of the things I get into is a flow of gesture. The focus is total with my whole body and energy involved. It's quite addictive, like dancing. I want to combine this kind of energy with collage work. Here are some from that kind of work.


first movement


rite of spring




 These are collages made in the spring. I used my own handpainted papers-some solid and others quite transparent, paint, pastel, pen, printed images and parts from other, unfinished pieces. These collages feel a bit reserved-their process is not so big and flowing as the gestural above and the much more energetic and freeing collages done later.


spring flow


river of stories


emergence

No comments:

Post a Comment